Specific to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) we have added in additional precautionary and cleaning measures including:
As state and national health and safety regulations change and evolve during these times, Surprise Smiles is dedicated to monitoring and evaluating our dental practice and office space for any potential risks as we serve our patients and community. We strive to maintain an approach to our dentistry services that is both safe and beneficial to everyone we serve.
We strive to provide a safe, healthy, comfortable, and relaxed environment for everyone that comes into our dental office. We follow the American Dental Association’s Update to Office Procedures During COVID-19 in regard to safe office procedures, workplace hazards, and making decisions for best office practices. We stay informed on recent information given to dentists in this regard, as well as keeping up to date with any changes recommended by the CDC.
Please let us know if you have any questions in regard to our health and safety protocols here at Surprise Smiles. We recognize that it can be challenging during these unprecedented times of COVID-19. We all want to get back to our normal lives, and we will be able to do so, in a safe, wise, and healthy manner. We will be happy to answer any questions that you may have in regard to our dental practice health and safety protocols, cleaning, and disinfecting procedures we follow.
Thank you for continuing to be a valued patient here at Bradshaw Family Dental. We look forward to continuing to serve you and your dental needs through the various services we provide for you, from preventive dentistry, restorative dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, pediatric dentistry, sedation dentistry, dental implants and more!
Posted on 8/10/2017 by Dr. Andrew Zeiger
When you first learn to floss, it is often an uncomfortable experience. It can border on painful if you do it wrong. The best thing you can do in this instance is to keep trying until you get the right technique down pat.
Try using different types of floss until you find one that works with the way you floss and isn't as uncomfortable. From there, you should try different techniques after talking to your dentist about the best flossing methods available.
The Right Way to FlossIdeally, you want around two feet of floss, 95% of it wrapped around one index finger, the other 5% on the opposing hand's index finger.
This way, as you get one gap between your teeth done, you move a small bit from the hand that started with more out, and wrap the part that was just used on the hand that started with less. This allows you to use a clean bit of floss with each gap, minimizing how many bacteria are spread around your mouth.
You want to slide the floss up between a gap, and slide it down against one side of the gap, effectively scraping the gunk off of that single tooth in that gap. Then, you get a new section of floss, and repeat on the other tooth of that gap.
Again, you get a new section of floss and you move on to the next gap. This should be repeated until each gap in your mouth has been cleaned out and scraped. From there, you rinse with mouthwash to get anything not stuck to the floss, and go on with your day.
If this technique doesn't work, ask your dentist for help again. The more you talk to him or her about the problem, the more they can suggest for you to try until you find the right fit.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please call us at (928) 277-0076 today.
Our Family Cares for Everyone in Your Family
Home | About Us | Dental Services | Sleep Medicine | For Patients | Dental Blog | Contact Us | Meet Dr. David Frausto, DDS | Meet Dr. Jarred Hanley, DMD | Meet Dr. Montana Skyler, DDS | Meet Kaylan Huber, DMD | Meet Candice Good, RDA | Our Dental Team in Prescott Valley, AZ | Our Dental Team in Prescott, AZ | New Patient Forms | Dental Emergency | Insurance & Payments | Dental Technology | Press Release | Testimonials | General Dental Care | Restorative Dentistry | Cosmetic Dentistry | Limited Orthodontics | Oral Surgery | Biomimetic Dentistry | Pediatric Dental Services | Sedation Dentistry | Laser Dental Treatment